From Project Concept, Budgeting, Scheduling, Design, Procurement, Warehousing, Construction, to Project Turnover and Closeout, Yonkers Industries’ Program Management services provides the support, procedures, control systems, and experience to effectively integrate with the Project Team. Our core philosophy combined with our skills to anticipate problems and proactively implement solutions, enables us to successfully manage and execute all critical control points and key aspects on construction projects of varying size.
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for providing overall on-site construction activities, administrative and technical management for projects.
This role will direct General Aviation Building Construction activities. Aviation experience is not required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the Construction Superintendent include:
- The Construction Superintendent will supervise total on-site effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, schedule, safety and quality. Includes interfacing with client representatives and other contractors.
- The Construction Superintendent will supervise craft employees and/or other contractors, as required, by contract.
- The Construction Superintendent will provide technical assistance and direction, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommended construction action methods and equipment, planning, schedule development and scheduling, and engineering function, as required.
- The Construction Superintendent will support Project Management team in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents and standards.
- The Construction Superintendent will ensure all on-site personnel comply with company project procedures, safety, quality program requirements, and work rules.
- The Construction Superintendent will document all violations, report to the Project Management team and recommend/implement corrective action, as required.
- The Construction Superintendent will assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of material/equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- The Construction Superintendent will plan and supervise craft foremen and/or craft activities which includes determining methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
- The Construction Superintendent will coordinate and plan the assigned work being performed by other contractors.
- The Construction Superintendent will assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, constructability issues), as required.
- The Construction Superintendent will participate in preconstruction work as requested and/or as needed.
- The Construction Superintendent will maintain quality working relationship with the entire Project Team for an overall successful project outcome.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with commercial construction projects.
- Construction Hands On knowledge, Carpentry, GWB, ACT, Doors & Hardware, etc…
- Proficient in Windows & Excel operating systems.
- Experience working on smartphones and laptop.
- Must be able to read plans.
- Ability to work with numerous contractors and sub-contractors in an efficient manner.
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- A strong work ethic and a "can-do" attitude.
Keywords: Construction Superintendent, Superintendent, Commercial Construction, Commercial Construction Superintendent, Superintendent of Construction.