Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager
From Project Concept, Budgeting, Scheduling, Design, Procurement, Warehousing, Construction, to Project Turnover and Closeout, Yonkers Industries’ Program Management services provides the support, procedures, control systems, and experience to effectively integrate with the Project Team. Our core philosophy combined with our skills to anticipate problems and proactively implement solutions, enables us to successfully manage and execute all critical control points and key aspects on construction projects of varying size.
Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager Job Summary:
The Quality Assurance / Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for implementation, improvement and execution of the Quality management systems and project specific quality program requirements. The Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager ensures that the design and construction works are planned and executed in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems and requirements of the company and contract.
Responsibilities of the Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager include:
- The Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager will be the quality champion for a project or multiple projects, responsible for the quality management duties including quality of the works, material management, documentation and close-out to ensure safe, quality, efficient, effective and profitable project execution.
- The Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager coaches, mentors and trains entire project staff in quality management principles, procedures and project-specific requirements. Serves as mentor and coach to Quality staff to advance their careers at Walsh and improve retention.
- The Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for leading and managing quality processes such as work planning, pre-activity meetings, material management, Quality Incident Reports, Lesson Sharing and follow-up inspections.
- The Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager establishes, monitors and reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as well as QIRs for project teams to ensure continuous improvement. Analyzes project KPIs, evaluates trends and provides improvement strategies.
- The Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager routinely audits project quality programs seeking continuous improvement utilizing Project QC Evaluation and other auditing tools. Provides feedback to Operations and Quality Management of major QIRs, project team relationships, owner/client perceptions, and overall quality management recurring non-conformances.
- The Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager directs inspection, testing and documentation of the works. Schedules inspection and testing with coordination between operations, consultants, material laboratories and Client.
- The Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager creates and implements project specific inspection and test plans, quality control plans and other procedures as necessary. Additionally, supports with material specification review such as concrete mix design, thermal control and other quality specialized elements.
- The Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for risk management strategy that helps projects improve profitability by reducing risk and improving efficiency via process management and risk mitigation.
- The Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager maintains relationships with owners, Clients, subcontractors, design partners and stakeholders to support project partnering and issue resolution.
- The Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager supports Site Safety to ensure that projects are completed in accordance with established safety procedures, requirements and goals.
- The Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager monitors project quality costs including resources while working to better as-bid budgets. Provides feedback to optimize project billing returns, risk reporting and testing accuracy, while protecting Walsh from claim exposure. Monitors and reports rework costs via QIR system.
- Minimum five (5) years of construction quality management related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent related field experience with International Code Counsel, NICET, etc.
- Construction Quality Management certification preferred but not required
- Industry certifications for testing and inspection as required to review and certify that the test, inspection, and procedures satisfy requirements.
- Good communication skills, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and ability to prioritize, organize and manage time.
- Knowledge of standards, specifications, and publications of job-related duties.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, P6 and/or ProCore.
- Strong estimating and take-off experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Developed client relationship skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously while providing routine updates to senior company management.
Yonkers Industries does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, status as a Vietnam Era, special disabled, recently separated or other protected veteran.
Yonkers Industries also complies with all applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations, and ordinances prohibiting discrimination in places where Yonkers Industries operates.