The Project Construction Manager will be responsible for supervising and leading project execution teams (Subcontractors, Design Professionals, and Vendors) while overseeing all aspects of construction. Position includes but not limited to ensuring quality standards are met and all safety regulations are adhered to on site.
- Coordinate and manage all assigned contractors, vendors/installers, and field personnel.
- Monitor work schedules and assignments
- Communicate and enforce safety procedures and site rules
- Ability to work un-supervised as required
- Delivers construction projects successfully to the customer while minimizing all risk to YII and the customer. This incorporates issues such as safety risk assessments, ensuring proper authorizations and permits have been received from clients before beginning execution of the project, and ensuring proper coordination with the client’s internal departments, operations organization and the client’s other third-party suppliers has taken place to prevent work conflicts.
- Supervises the execution of the construction activities and is responsible for supervision and compliance with the owner’s requirements in the project areas.
- Adheres to the construction schedule, cost, and quality goals. Develops detailed short terms goals for the projects successful completion and leads contractors, Suppliers, vendors.
- Ensures projects are implemented in accordance with the design/engineering documents and ensures a timely response to questions related to field or design conditions.
- Ensures all work is done in a safe manner and that customer and vendor welfare is addressed at all stages.
- Monitors progress against the schedule and takes corrective action where necessary. Works with all parties to ensure prompt and accurate information is provided to all parties
- Works with owner and vendor to ensure the end project is delivered per the agreed commissioning and/or validation requirements.
- Ensures all punch list work is completed in a timely manner and that it does not interfere with the client’s ability to occupy the space.
- Reviews payment to contractors after verification that work was completed and reports recommendation for payment to the project manager.
- Ensures all O&M manuals are received, reviewed, and the necessary training is received by staff on equipment.
- Documents and files warranties information.
- Executes or manages the development of as built drawings and assists with the closes out of the project in accordance with client requirements.
- Create and maintain all project reports.
- Proactively look for innovative ways to improve delivery of projects through the Integrated Lean Project Delivery System incorporated by YII.
- Execute all projects in compliance with YII procedures.
- 7+ years field experience in the industrial, process, and pharmaceutical industry a must
- Proficiency with the following
- MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Blueprint reading – ability to interpret and build accordingly
- Procore (preferred)
- Bluebeam Revu (preferred)
- Smartsheet (preferred)
- Navisworks (Preferred)
- Taking and uploading digital photographs
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organization skills
Experienced in scheduling and reading Gantt Charts
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Physical Criteria
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to respond quickly to sounds
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- Ability to see and respond to dangerous situations
- Ability to safely climb ladders
- Ability to climb stairs (multiple flights) while carrying 25 pounds
- Ability to work in extreme weather
- Ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day
- OHSA 10 or 30 Certification
- Lock-Out/Tag-Out Procedures (Preferred)
Yonkers Industries does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, status as a Vietnam Era, special disabled, recently separated or other protected veteran.
Yonkers Industries also complies with all applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations, and ordinances prohibiting discrimination in places where Yonkers Industries operates.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.