Corporate Safety Director
From Project Concept, Budgeting, Scheduling, Design, Procurement, Warehousing, Construction, to Project Turnover and Closeout, Yonkers Industries’ Program Management services provides the support, procedures, control systems, and experience to effectively integrate with the Project Team. Our core philosophy combined with our skills to anticipate problems and proactively implement solutions, enables us to successfully manage and execute all critical control points and key aspects on construction projects of varying size.
The Corporate Safety Director will develop, coordinate, and implement safety and health policies and procedures to promote effective safe work practices in the workplace. This is a leadership role within the company and must lead by example.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement workplace safety policies, procedures, and training in accordance with best management practices and regulatory standards to assist management in creating a safe workplace. Review periodically to ensure they remain up to date.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in OSHA, MSHA, and DOT regulations. Attend regulatory inspections when practical.
- Review incident reports and near misses to identify trends and corrective actions.
- Perform regular safety audits and physical inspections at all work areas and jobsites to identify areas of improvement with a focus on minimizing workplace hazards. Assist management in prioritizing corrective actions. Follow up to ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Establish annual MBO safety objectives for subsidiaries. Conduct MBO audits each year to evaluate achievement of the goals.
- Assist in evaluation and administration of business insurance such as workers compensation, property, auto, and general liability. Liaison with insurance carriers to direct their loss control efforts.
- Develop and maintain effect relationships with managers, subsidiaries, and employees.
- Participate in local, state, and national trade associations and professional groups.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate reports, such as annual MVR’s, annual DACH queries, OSHA 300 Logs, and expenses.
- Train and support subsidiary managers and administrative assistants on regulatory and record keeping requirements.
- Promote The Monarch Cement Company to the community.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Outgoing, knowledgeable, and confident individual with sound judgement
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to identify, influence, and persuade decision-makers
- Extensive technical knowledge on regulations and best safety practices
- Excellent computer skills
- Ethical conduct
- Personal effectiveness / credibility
Required Education and Experience:
Education is to be based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with the needs for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with preference given to safety or science-related degrees.
- At least 10 years of occupational health and safety experience.
- Preference given to CSP or CIH designations.
Yonkers Industries does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, status as a Vietnam Era, special disabled, recently separated or other protected veteran.
Yonkers Industries also complies with all applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations, and ordinances prohibiting discrimination in places where Yonkers Industries operates.
Keywords: Safety Director, Director of Safety, Safety Manager, Manager of Safety, Commercial, Construction, Industrial, Pharaceutical.